Thursday, November 22, 2012

Packing and not sleeping.

My nerves have finally got the best of me. I think it really hit me during my long commute home from work tonight that I'm not headed to Cleveland for the Thanksgiving holiday. Nope, instead I'll have a small celebration with Mr. Boots tomorrow, a FaceTime session with the family back home and then head to the airport. My first stop will be an overnighter in NYC with one of my travel companions, Scott. He and I then leave on Friday for Singapore, with a 2 hour layover in Frankfort. Yes, we're going the long way. 20 hours of flying time.

Until then my mind keeps running, going through my packing list over and over again and because of that I can't sleep. Am I packing the right stuff? Will I be prepared? Do I have everything I need? Is everything charged, backed-up and saved? Is it all going to fit? What am I forgetting? I hope I have it all...

The logical side of me knows everything will be just fine and if it isn't, we'll figure it out. But the illogical, emotional side of me is freaking out. She's all doom and gloom and I don't think she'll settle down until after we're in the air headed for Germany. Oh how I love international travel. At least I'm not traveling alone and will have a little posse (including a local, YAY!) once I get there.

T-minus 16 hrs and then I'm off to NYC...

No comments:

Post a Comment