Monday, July 6, 2009

Quick update...

Sorry for not posting an update yesterday, but I wanted to let you all know things are fine here. For those of you who may or may not be following the news the riots in China have caused quite a stir over here when it comes to internet access. I can no longer post updates to Twitter, the blog is still blocked and I have my fingers crossed that they don't take down Facebook. And for those of you who might be a little behind on your China geography, we are no where near where those riots are happening. If my little Google maps search is correct, we're approximately a day and a half drive away, further toward the coast then inland.

I know this is a quick post, I'll try to write more later today recapping yesterday and the first part of today. We have dinner w/the dean of the Nankai University tonight and our host Ming, so Terri and I are going to head out and do some more exploring of the city beforehand. That and we've been told there will be heavy heavy rains here again tomorrow which will pretty much make it another indoor type of day. At least that will give me a chance to update the blog and catch up on some bad American movies on tv (since that's the only English speaking tv station we get). 

Until next time...miss you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment